Before enrolling for online lessons please contact our admin team here.
Online lessons are available for most instruments and voice for children and young people of all levels and ages 7-18. If you are an absolute beginner contact us first and we will help you figure the best option for you. Lessons are delivered via Zoom, a free online video calling platform. For school-based lessons see here.
How it works
- We will process your application, match you with your current tutor if you have one, or if they are not available with a cover tutor for this term.
- Once payment has been received, the booking will be confirmed by email, and your tutor will be in touch to arrange a lesson time with you.
- Please read our information on Setting up Zoom and Online Parents Guidance which will help you set up for online lessons and ensure the safeguarding of students.
All tutors are fully DBS checked and their teaching is regularly monitored, and for safeguarding reasons lessons must:
- Take place in a family space.
- A parent / carer must be present at the beginning and end of the lesson, and within earshot throughout.
- The device used must belong to the parent / carer, not the student.
- If a tutor is unable to give a lesson, the lesson will be made up at another mutually agreed time, or a refund given.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson and at least 24 hours notice is given, the tutor will, where possible, rearrange to a mutually agreed time.
- If sufficient notice is not given or the lesson is missed, the lesson is forfeit. Of course in exceptional circumstances consideration will be given.
- Please note that refunds cannot be given for the term once lessons are booked, unless BEAT is unable to give the lessons.
- If you experience any technical issues such as a poor connection for two consecutive lessons, please contact us so we can help.