These terms and conditions form the basis of a contract between BEAT and Parents / Carers. Parents / Carers are subject to and agree to these terms and conditions. BEAT reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time and without notice.
- All contracts for music tuition and other music activities are only made with Parents / Carers. Or in the case where lessons are funded by the school on behalf of the Parents / Carers (eg. Bursary), the relations remain directly with the school.
- A summary of fees is available here.
- Parents / Carers are required to create an account via the online portal, “Live Parent”, and enrol to register their child(ren)’s interest for the following activity: Online Lessons
- Following enrolment, your child’s name will be held on a waiting list during the scheduling period until payment has been received, after which the booking will be confirmed by email. Online Guidance will be sent to you about setting up with Zoom (the platform we’re using), and your tutor will be in touch to arrange a lesson time with you.
- Fees for Online Music Lessons are payable in blocks of 10 lessons (no pro-rata adjustment can be made).
- Fees are payable on enrolment through the Parent / Carer’s Live Parent account.
- Invoices must be paid before any music tuition can begin. Failure to pay before the first lesson will result in the removal of your child’s place from the lessons.
- The current fee structure is in place during the COVID-19 crisis. Parents will be notified in advance of any future changes in fees.
- If your child has already received funding from the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) and your school has agreed this can be used for music tuition, please ask your school to contact us with details of the bursary before you enrol. You should discuss this with your school before commencing the online enrolment process.
- After registration on Live Parent, your child will be placed on a waiting list until fees have been paid.
- After payment has been received, your email address will be given to the BEAT tutor assigned to your child who will be in touch with you regarding lessons day / time.
Duration of lesson
- Online music tuition is given on an individual basis only.
- A lesson can be 15, 20 or 30 minutes long. Parents / Carers can choose option for their child when enrolling; we recommend a 20-minute lesson for primary aged students and 30 minutes for secondary aged students.
- Longer lessons may be available on request. Please contact us to discuss.
Timetabling of lessons
- Online music tuition takes place from the hours of 9am on weekdays and weekends, dependent on the tutor’s availability. BEAT Music tutors will coordinate with Parents / Carers to discuss and arrange a mutually convenient time.
- The BEAT Music tutor will confirm lesson times by email to the Parent / Carer.
- Music tutors are not responsible for reminding Parents / Carers of upcoming lessons.
Missed / cancelled lessons and late attendance
- Students should be ready for their lesson to start promptly at the agreed time. If the lesson is late starting, the duration of the lesson will be reduced.
- If a tutor is unable to give a lesson, the lesson will be made up at another mutually agreed time, or a refund given.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson and at least 24 hours notice is given, the tutor will, where possible, rearrange to a mutually agreed time.
- If sufficient notice is not given or the lesson is missed, the lesson is forfeit. Of course in exceptional circumstances consideration will be given.
- Please note that refunds cannot be given for the term once lessons are booked, unless BEAT is unable to give the lessons.
- Where a student misses a lesson or where the lessons have been terminated by the parent, no refunds can be given.
- Parents / Carers are responsible for students during the lesson. The BEAT Tutor must see the Parent / Carer at the start and end of every lesson to ensure the supervision is there.
- Parents / Carers must remain in the vicinity of the music lesson – not necessarily in the same room, but must remain in the same building with the door to the teaching room left open i.e. within earshot.
Instruments / accessories
- Parents / Carers agree to provide instruments, music and accessories as required.
Termination of lessons
- If you wish to cancel your child’s lessons you must notify us giving the minimum of five lessons notice i.e. half a term.
- Fees cannot be refunded for any outstanding lessons due to cancellation of lessons part way through a block.
- If you fail to notify BEAT in writing you will be charged for the following block of 10 lessons. Verbally notifying the tutor does not qualify as formal notice.
Issue Date: [DATE]
Review Date: [DATE]