Barnet Education Arts Trust (BEAT) is an independent Charitable Incorporated Organisation and the main provider for music education for young people in the London Borough of Barnet.
❛ Providing the focal point for high quality musical opportunities in Barnet ❜
BEAT’s mission is ‘To provide the focal point for high quality musical opportunities in Barnet’. We are an education-focussed charity which enables children and young people from all backgrounds and every part of Barnet to deepen their enjoyment of music and to progress to the highest level of excellence. We do this by offering all the core roles as set out by the National Music Plan plus a wealth of extension roles. We have a robust ensemble provision through our three music academies in Mill Hill, Hendon and East Barnet, where we offer progressive routes right from our youngest members aged 4+ right through to A Level Music.
BEAT delivers a wide range of options for children and young people of all ages and abilities to participate in music, both in and out of school.
- Whole Class Ensemble Teaching (WCET) for schools
- Instrumental and Vocal Tuition for schools and individuals on a broad range of instruments
- Saturday Music Academies in East Barnet and Hendon for children and young people
- A weekday Music Academy in Mill Hill for children and young people.
- Instrument hire
- Live concerts and events
- Support for music professionals through training, Continuing Professional Development, professional advice and networks.
These activities cover a broad range of instruments and styles; everything from classical violin and concert bands to rock bands and jazz groups, choirs, Samba, Djembe and much more.