Online Music Lessons
Bookings for Spring Term 2022 are now open until 10 December 2021
Online lessons are for Zoom lessons only. For school-based lessons see here.
Online lessons are available for most instruments and voice for children and young people of all levels and ages 7-18. If you are an absolute beginner contact us first and we will help you figure the best option for you. Lessons are delivered via Zoom, a free online video calling platform.
The rates for online tuition are:
- £215.00 for 10 lessons of 30 minutes duration
- £146.00 for 10 lessons of 20 minutes duration
- £110.00 for 10 lessons of 15 minutes duration
Longer lessons may be available on request.
How it works
- We will process your application, match you with your current tutor if you have one, or if they are not available with a cover tutor for this term.
- Once payment has been received, the booking will be confirmed by email, and your tutor will be in touch to arrange a lesson time with you.
- Please download and read our Setting up Zoom and Online Parents Guidance which will help you set up for online lessons and ensure the safeguarding of students.
All tutors are fully DBS checked and their teaching is regularly monitored, and for safeguarding reasons lessons must:
- Take place in a family space.
- A parent/carer must be present at the beginning and end of the lesson, and within earshot throughout.
- The device used must belong to the parent/carer, not the student.
- If a tutor is unable to give a lesson, the lesson will be made up at another mutually agreed time, or a refund given.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson and at least 24 hours notice is given, the tutor will, where possible, rearrange to a mutually agreed time.
- If sufficient notice is not given or the lesson is missed, the lesson is forfeit. Of course in exceptional circumstances consideration will be given.
- Please note that refunds cannot be given for the term once lessons are booked, unless BEAT is unable to give the lessons.
- If you experience any technical issues such as a poor connection for 2 consecutive lessons, please contact us so we can help.
Please click on the link below to complete the enrolment process.
You will need your payment card - all major cards are accepted. By signing up for lessons you are agreeing that you have read the above, and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Use of Personal Data and GDPR
Q: What about Pupil Premium Grant (PPG)?
A: If your child has already received funding from the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) and your school has agreed this can be used for music tuition, please contact us first to discuss.
Q: Can I hire an instrument?
Depending on availability and our ability to deliver to you, yes! If we can't supply you with an instrument, we will recommend places to try. Please contact us for hire prices and availability.